Saturday, April 09, 2011

Outgoing Message from President : 2010/2011

Dear members and friends of the German Society,

I would like to warmly thank all of you and my executive committee of the academic year 2010/2011 for your continued support. This year has been an outstanding year, with a record number of very successful events, the most recent being the very enjoyable Stammtisch held in collaboration with the French Club.

The recent elections held have produced the committee for 2011/2012. Some will be familiar faces, some will be new. Nevertheless, I am sure that their passion and commitment, as well as their desire to serve will bring the German society to even greater heights in the coming academic year. I leave the society in their capable hands.

We also had a prize presentation during our general elections as well as an AGM. In short, we thanked all our teacher advisors, Frau Chen, Prof Chan, Frau Niemann, Frau Neumann as well as Herr Doeppel for their unwavering support, both financially and logistically. We also introduced a new award this academic year, the "most outstanding ex-co member award" which was awarded to our general secretary, Ng Joo San. Her contribution to the German society has been immense.

We hope that you will continue to stay with the society in the coming academic year. Though I will be graduating and leaving NUS to begin my next phase of life, the German society has been an integral part of my varsity life and I leave with many fond memories. I hope that this will be so for you as well.

I hope that all of you will continue to find joy in learning German and I wish you all the best in the exams. Viel Spass und viel Erfolg weiterhin!

Tan Xi'en Rachel
President (2010/2011)
The NUS Students' German Society

No comments:

Post a Comment